About the workshop:
In this two day online introduction, you’ll gain a great overview of the principles and practices of CFT. During the workshop you’ll learn:
- about the historical development and theoretical context of the CFT model
- what compassion is, how to introduce the concept to people, and how to work with common fears, blocks and resistances to compassion and self-compassion
- some of the key psychoeducational parts of the approach, including the tricky brain and the three system model
- some of the core compassionate mind training practices, including soothing breathing rhythm, compassionate other imagery and compassionate self practice
- how to put the compassionate mind to work, using a variety of interventions including multiple self practice
About your facilitator – Dr Chris Irons
Hi, i’m Chris. I’m a clinical psychologist specialising in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and Compassionate Mind Training (CMT).
I’ve been fortunate to work with the developer of CFT – Professor Paul Gilbert – for over 20 years. I’ve given hundreds of CFT workshops, to over 10,000 participants in 20 countries across the world.
I’ve published many research papers and book chapters on CFT, along with a number of CFT books, including: The Compassionate Mind Workbook, The Compassionate Mind Approach to Difficult Emotions, and CFT from the Inside Out. Recently i’ve released The Self-Compassion App with Elaine Beaumont, based upon the Compassionate Mind Workbook.
This workshop includes:
An understanding of how and why CFT developed
Exploration of key ideas underpinning CFT
Experiential practice of ‘Compassionate Mind Training’ (CMT) exercises
Learning to put the compassion mind to work via various interventions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is the course for?
Anyone who wants to learn more about CFT. This may include psychologists, therapists, psychiatrists, nurses and social workers, but also include working in education and business
What is the start and end time?
We’ll start at 9am and finish at 4.30pm (UK time). Lunch will be at 12.30pm, and there will be regular breaks in the morning and afternoon session.
Will the training be recorded
Yes, the training will be recorded, and available to watch for two weeks following the training
Will there be a certificate of attendance?
Yes, all participants will receive a certificate of attendance to log CPD hours