In this first session we'll explore how and why CFT developed, and some of the key ideas that shape it
An Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) Training
Welcome to our Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) On Demand Training!
We’ve designed this training as a comprehensive introduction to the ideas, theory, skills and practice of CFT.
In 14 sessions, we’ll help you to learn about key parts of the CFT approach, including:
- how and why CFT developed
- what compassion is, how it’s defined, and what competencies go in to contributing to it
- what motives are, and how they relate to compassion
- an exploration of the three system model of emotion
- understanding the nature of the tricky brain
- a comprehensive introduction to Compassionate Mind Training (CMT)
- different ways to put the compassionate mind to work – multiple selves, the compassion PDA and letter writingu00a0
Through each session, you’ll have an opportunity to learn ideas, think about how they might apply to yourself and your clients, and try out a range of core CFT practices.u00a0
At the end of the training (Session 14) you’ll receive details of have to receive your certificate of completion.
If you’d like to ask any further questions about the training, or about how to follow up with CFT afterwards (e.g. supervision), please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org