Counselling Psychologist & Associate
Shima is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and experienced in working with a wide range of mental health problems such as depression, social anxiety, PTSD, generalised anxiety, alcohol abuse and adjustment to long term health conditions amongst others.
Shima has been accredited with the British Association for Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP) since 2013 and have 9 years post qualification experience, with much of my clinical work taking place within an NHS setting. I also work with a student population at a London based university providing both Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to support students with mental health difficulties through their academic careers. I have a keen interest in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and have been integrating the approach into my clinical work over the last 4 years and find it to be a very rewarding experience.
Shima aims to provide a safe and confidential space for individuals to explore and reflect upon thoughts and feelings, and to facilitate the change process in a way that feels collaborative, respectful and in line with the goals of the individuals that I work with.
• Advanced Training in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) for groups 2016
• Advanced Training in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) 2014
• Behavioural Couples Therapy Training 2014
• Compassion Focused Therapy Training 2013
• CBT for Insomnia 2013
• Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 2008
• Advanced Practitioner Diploma in Counselling Psychology 2008
• Practitioner Diploma in Counselling Psychology 2006
• MSc Counselling Psychology 2004
• Post Graduate Diploma Certificate Psychology 2002
• Psychology & Sociology BA Hons 1999