Counselling Psychologist & Associate
Shima Bhunjun is trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and experienced in working with a wide range of mental health problems such as depression, social anxiety, PTSD, generalised anxiety, alcohol abuse and adjustment to long term health conditions amongst others.
Shima Bhunjun has been accredited with the British Association for Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP) since 2013 and has 9 years post qualification experience, with much of her clinical work taking place within an NHS setting. She also works with a student population at a London based university providing both Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to support students with mental health difficulties through their academic careers. She has a keen interest in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and has been integrating the approach into her clinical work over the last 4 years and finds it to be a very rewarding experience.
Shima aims to provide a safe and confidential space for individuals to explore and reflect upon thoughts and feelings, and to facilitate the change process in a way that feels collaborative, respectful and in line with the goals of the individuals that she works with.
Shima Bhunjun - Experience and Training
• Advanced Training in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) for groups 2016
• Advanced Training in Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) 2014
• Behavioural Couples Therapy Training 2014
• Compassion Focused Therapy Training 2013
• CBT for Insomnia 2013
• Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 2008
• Advanced Practitioner Diploma in Counselling Psychology 2008
• Practitioner Diploma in Counselling Psychology 2006
• MSc Counselling Psychology 2004
• Post Graduate Diploma Certificate Psychology 2002
• Psychology & Sociology BA Hons 1999
Aviva (600105693); AXA PPP Healthcare (SB06881); Bupa (30047417); Cigna Healthcare (210185); WPA (920980981)