Counselling Psychologist & Associate
Dr Talya Hilburn has over 20 years’ experience working in NHS community adults and older adults mental health teams. She has worked extensively with a wide range of emotional difficulties, including anxiety, depression, trauma, OCD and psychosis. She has worked with individuals and families within a diverse population.
She is experienced in Autism diagnosis and a specialist in working with trauma and psychosis. She has developed and run many compassion focused therapy group programmes and has supervised multiple trainees and qualified psychologists.
Talya strives to create a caring, safe, therapeutic space for those who are experiencing distress to explore their difficulties and develop awareness, understanding and emotional resilience. She is passionate about compassion focused therapy, which helps people gain an understanding of the tricky human condition and how it can lead to emotional distress, whilst building compassionate skills to help alleviate the distress.
As well as focusing on developing herself as a compassion focused therapist, she has also trained as a Mindfulness teacher in a compassion based mindfulness approach, delivering many mindfulness groups and is has a BABCP accreditation in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Talya Hilburn - Training and Experience
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Diploma 2018, Mindfulness Association
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; level II 2012, Royal Holloway
- Counselling Psychology MA and Post MA Diploma 2004, City of London University
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 1997, Birmingham University
- Basic and advanced clinical skills, 2014
- Psychosis, 2016
- Trauma, 2019 Basic and advanced training in delivering groups, 2019
- Talya Hilburn – Health Care and Professional Council, PYL06124
- British Psychological Society, 180965
AXA (TH01702); WPA (921068391); Aviva (600149180); Bupa (30028810); Cigna (220255); Vitality (SP104921)